Town Logo



1876 SLOT MACHINE

This slot machine/music box is one of only two such
machines made by the Gaille Novelty Co. in Windsor,
Ontario. It's mate rests in a museum in Chicago.

Wooden coins were placed in the slots at the top of
the machine and the handle was pulled, spinning the
wheel. Music, played by the metal drum at the
bottom, sounded for the winners.

This slot machine resided a hotel in Rydal Bank
until the hotel closed down. The machine was
then stored in a barn until it was discovered years
later under a stack of hay and brought to the
Bruce Mines Museum.

 

Slot Machine

Front of Slot Machine

Slot Machine

Rear of Slot Machine

Click here to return to the Museum page.


Community Services

Town Information

Gallery

Links

Contact Us

Events Calendar

_____________________________________________________________________________________
"© 2011 The Corporation of the Town of Bruce Mines.
All rights reserved."